09 Apr Find your dream ride at the Barrett Jackson show
(And then get a Florida auto insurance policy for it from B&B Insurance!)
What’s your dream car? Is it a vintage Camaro, like the one your friend drove in high school? Maybe you’re more of a Mustang fan. Or, perhaps, you would prefer to drive a luxury vehicle rather than a muscle car. Whatever you dream of, chances are you weren’t thinking about the check you would be writing to one of any number of car insurance agencies eager for your business.
What you drive and where you drive both play a big factor in the rates you pay for Florida auto insurance.
Unfortunately, as the experts in auto insurance at our Lake Worth, FL agency will tell you, the cars we all dream about – like the ones you’re likely to see if you attend Barrett-Jackson’s 17th Annual Palm Beach Auction, which will be held April 11-13, 2019, at the South Florida Fairgrounds – will cost more to insure.
According to NerdWallet, the following vehicles are most likely to drive up the cost of your Florida auto insurance costs:
- Sports cars. It’s not just because they can go faster. As NerdWallet says, “Drivers of these cars tend to be younger and therefore more accident-prone, which drives up the cost of insurance.”
- “High-end luxury cars are typically expensive to insure because repairing them can be pricey, and it costs more to replace them if they’re totaled.”
- The next one might surprise you. “Electric vehicles can be pricier to insure due to their higher price tags and repair costs; replacing an EV battery alone can cost thousands of dollars.”
- As they also point out, “Cars most targeted by thieves also cost more to insure.” That’s because the kind of comprehensive Florida auto insurance you can get from our Lake Worth Florida car insurance experts will cover you if your car is stolen, vandalized or damaged by something like a fire or flood – in addition to being there for you in the event of an accident.
As NerdWallet explains, “Car insurance companies set pricing based on the risk they’ve determined you and your vehicle present. To determine a vehicle’s risk, insurers consider claim histories, including accidents and rates of car theft. More — and more costly — claims for a particular model mean higher car insurance rates.”
You can always go to the Barrett-Jackson show and at least look at the dream cars that will be up for sale, including:
- A 1993 Ford Mustang Cobra R (Lot #674.1) with only 583 miles. The Ford Mustang Cobra R is a culmination of everything Ford learned about the Fox Body Mustang when it first rolled into production in 1979, becoming the crown jewel of Fox Bodies at the time.
- A 1995 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R (Lot #393.1). Number 55 of 250 made, this non-dealer-prepped Mustang shows 206 actual miles on the odometer.
- A 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca Edition (Lot #431) with 42 actual miles
- A 2002 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 convertible (Lot #122).
- A Corvette Grand Sport (Lot #361) built to commemorate the 1963 Grand Sport racing cars and has only 1,490 actual miles.
- With only 3,600 original miles, a 2009 Corvette ZR1 (Lot #662) represents the introductory year of the ZR1, which was the first Corvette to exceed 200 mph and achieve supercar performance.
- A one-owner 1994 Camaro Z/28 1LE (Lot #123), one of only 135 built and showing only 195 actual miles.
If you’re looking for auto insurance in Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Lantana or any of the other Palm Beach County communities B&B Insurance serves, we hope you will contact us. We will be just as happy to see if you to make a stop in Lake Worth, Florida, to talk auto insurance before heading out to the fairgrounds, as we would be if you stop by after you’ve found your dream car!