09 Sep Health Insurance Open Enrollment Is Approaching
Most people – maybe you are among them – think of B&B Insurance of Lantana as a car insurance agency. We are actually a full-service insurance agency serving Lake Worth Beach, Boynton Beach, Lantana and other Palm Beach County communities.
You can review your Florida car insurance anytime of the year. If you get your health insurance through the Affordable Care Act Marketplace and are interested in reviewing your coverage and possibly making changes, however, you can only do it during the Open Enrollment Period, which is fast approaching.
According to Healthcare.gov, the Open Enrollment period will run from Sunday, November 1 through Tuesday, December 15, 2020 for insurance plans that will begin covering you on January 1, 2021.
Health Insurance Considerations
The Open Enrollment period is still more than a month away, but if you are responsible for your own health insurance, it’s definitely not too early to start thinking about an insurance policy that can help you make 2021 a healthy as well as a happy New Year. (Honestly, just saying goodbye to 2020 is enough to make most of us giddy, don’t you think?)
The coronavirus pandemic has given Americans a new appreciation for the frontline workers who care for the sick in hospitals and clinics across the country. It has also shown many Americans how critical healthcare can be. But how do you know if you have adequate coverage?
All the health insurance plans offered through the Marketplace include coverage of 10 very important essential health benefits, including:
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (like surgery and overnight stays)
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (both before and after birth)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care (but adult dental and vision coverage aren’t essential health benefits)
Navigating the Marketplace on your own can be challenging. If you would like a little help from our Lantana insurance agency – which as we keep reminding people handles a wide variety of health plans as well as Florida auto insurance – please contact us.