15 Dec “Insuring” Holiday Traditions Go On
Most people think of our Lantana office as a car insurance agency, but in addition to Florida auto insurance in Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach and other coastal communities in Palm Beach County, we also offer insurance on boats.
Some of the folks who insure their boats with us really look forward to what has to be one of South Florida’s most iconic holiday traditions – the boat parade. Sadly, some of the area’s annual parades were sunk by the pandemic, including:
- The Boca Raton Holiday Boat Parade
- The Boynton Beach and Delray Beach Boat Parade
- The Winterfest Boat Parade in Ft. Lauderdale
We are happy (and our clients are especially happy) to report that some of the events are going on despite Covid-19.
Holiday Boat Parades 2020
- The Greater Pompano Beach Holiday Boat Parade was held on Friday, December 11. This year’s event will honor first responders and frontline workers. Check with the Pompano Beach Chamber of Commerce to see if footage of the event is available.
- The Wellington Boat Parade was held on Saturday, December 12. One of the newest boat parades on the holiday calendar, the Wellington Boat Parade keeps growing. This year the boats that participated were required to be equipped with electric motors.
- “Pirates of the Keys” – the theme for this year’s Key Largo Boat Parade – also on took to the water Saturday, December 12. A prize of $2,000 was awarded to the best decorated boat.
We saved the best news for last:
- The Lake Osborne Holiday Boat Parade (Lantana/Lake Worth) will be held on Saturday, December 19.
As the Sun Sentinel reports, “The 6th Annual Lake Osborne Holiday Boat Parade returns from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Dec. 19 with a decked-out fleet of vessels (no paddleboarders or kayakers allowed this year) looping around the perimeter of the lake. The free-to-enter parade, funded by the Osbourne Yacht Club and area residents, will collect unwrapped toys at the Eastside Dock across from Lakeside Anchor Inn.” If you are looking for more information, you can check out the Facebook page.
If you go, social distancing and face masks will be required, of course.
All of us at B&B Insurance in Lantana wish you and yours a happy and healthy holiday season!